Sunday, August 10, 2008

Awe and Amazement


Just a quick note...seems as if it might start raining any moment, so I gotta be quick.

Left Colorado early this morning. I drove through the Rockies which was amazing although slightly stressful. Driving down steep slopes while raining is not really preferable.

We managed to get to Utah in the early afternoon. We drove straight to the Canyonlands National Park. The entire drive there was amazing. The change in scenery as we drove was awesome. Canyonlands was hot, but beautiful. It was so large and almost inconceivable how great something could be. We were all so impressed by the Canyonlands that we're not sure what the Grand Canyon is going to be like.

In the late afternoon we got into Moab and set up our tent successful. As I write this, the tent is still standing, so I guess that's a good sign. We went for some excellent dinner at Eddie McStiff's (yes, that is the actual name) and managed to con the waitress into giving us a table near the television where Melissa and I managed to spend the entire meal gasping over the gymnastics. We may be camping, but we're going to see our Olympics!

Gotta get into the tent...the rain is here. And hopefully we will be tomorrow morning!

Simmie

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I am loving this! I must have more! =)