Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Best and the Worst (According to Simmie)

A few more statistics:

- Number of times Melissa pointed out the corn: 26 (I was sleeping for part of the trip, so I might have missed some)
- Number of This American Life podcasts listened to: 8
- Number of pictures taken: 1294 (That is the actual number...no exaggeration)

Here are my opinions:

- Best State: Colorado. I'm currently planning my bid for the next Olympics so I can go live at the US Olympic Training Center and expand my outdoorsiness in Boulder. My love for Boulder was not misguided...I'm smitten.
- Worst State: I actually slept through 95% of Wyoming so I'm not sure if I can really say.
- Best Attraction: Arches National Park in Moab, UT. The blue sky! The rust red rocks! Amazing.
- Most Disappointing Attraction: The Grand Canyon. Ok, ok, I've already been harassed about this...maybe my expectations were too high, but it wasn't my favorite. Sure, it's huge, grand in fact. And the initial reaction is appropriate to the giganticness of it. But after that...it's a big canyon. Let's take a picture, drive a few miles and take another. Still a big canyon. The hike was nice and maybe if we had spent more time there and hiked down in the canyon or did some of the other activities I would have liked it more. It is intriguing though.
-Highest Ratio of "how good it turned out to be" as compared to how horrible you thought it would be": Wall Drug. Not nearly as depressing as I thought it would be. Plus they give you free ice water and stickers.
- Best Rest Stop: The one with the giant slabs of beef jerky by the counter. I honestly have no idea what state it was in.
- Worst Rest Stop: I agree with Melissa, the sketchy Dairy Queen in Nebraska. I would not like to enjoy a tasty thick Blizzard frozen treat there.
- Worst Drive: I got the honor or driving through Nebraska, South Dakota, and the Rockies. I would say the Rockies were the most stressful...let's not drive off the side of a mountain now.
- Best Elise chosen restaurant (Elise actually chose all of them): Macy's European Coffee House and Bakery. My hot chocolate was delicious!

No comments: